inner thots

Sunday, March 20, 2005

definition of a good friend

I start to wonder if I have too high expectations from people whom I regard as a good friend. I knew this person who really treated me nice, helping me with many things. I was glad that I can find someone who has the same frequency as me within a short period of time. i really treated this person as a good friend, telling my friend many things which i would only share with my close friends. however, things start to change and i'm puzzled by the change too. think as you get closer to a person, you will tend to reveal more of your true self. maybe it was my high expectation that has led me to lose a friend. i sincerely treasure that friend although i regretted some of my actions and i have also told my friend that. but my friend just feels too suffocated by what i have done and feels that we shouldn't be friends anymore. yes, that is the exact words my friend had used! i was really hurt by that and in the end, we have become strangers once again just like before we had met. i was really sad but such things can't be forced.

for the past few days, i have kept re-evaluating my personal views towards friendship and what i should expect from a friend. i'll remember what my other friend told me, you can't expect others to be what you want them to be, you can only accept them as who they are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home